- How to pre-batch cocktails for your next gathering.
- Why retailers are making it more difficult to return online orders.
- I’m into this “drop-in” vacation trend.
- Lulu Frost is having its online sample sale! There are so many beautiful pieces, including these earrings and this pair.
- Hats off to Katie Bouman!
- Americans are spending less on clothing.
- Home decor items interior designers love.
- Before you stock up on reusable grocery bags, check out this link that ranks the best and worse alternatives to plastic bags. I ended up purchasing these.
- I don’t care how geriatric compression socks seem, I always wear them on an international flight to combat swollen feet and ankles.
- I’ll be showering my houseplants this weekend.
- I think we’re hosting Easter, which seems like a good excuse to try this carrot loaf cake.
Finds Under $50:
- This clasp allows you to layer necklaces without getting them tangled!
- I just ordered this dress to try.
- Does anyone have these sandals? I’m tempted to order them with the 20% promotion that ends today.
- Such a great accent rug!
- I picked up two jumpsuits at Loft today (this one and this one). They’re under $50 through the weekend!
- I can’t tell you how much I love the print on this pillow sham.
image via this post
I hope your weekend is off to a great start! We don’t have a lot on the agenda this weekend other than getting a jump on some house and yard projects in preparation for warmer weather, and bike shopping! I’ve been using Dave’s sister’s old bike from the ’90s and it’s not the best. It definitely needs maintenance work, but as one of my friends who is an avid cyclist pointed out, bicycle technology has improved dramatically since then and it might be time to invest in a new one. So, he’s roped into helping me look for a bike that I’ll actually use — with the added challenge of finding it in white or aqua because prettiness matters, too. I’m having a bit of sticker shock, though, and I’m hopeful I can keep it to $500-700, which might be unrealistic. Wish me luck!
- A study suggests that it’s harder to be skinny today than it was in the ’80s, even with the same calorie intake and exercise.
- Five fashion films you might not have seen before.
- Who needs jewelry with this bag on your wrist?
- Have you been watching the newest Project Runway season? I was skeptical about the show without Heidi and Tim, but I’m actually really into the reboot. I miss Zac Posen’s eye for construction, though.
- I’m adding this to next week’s menu.
- The science behind why we love to watch old episodes of our favorite shows.
- Does your style need a palate cleanser?
- America blew it on arugula.
- Seven classic short stories to add to your reading list.
- I can’t stop thinking about these wear-with-everything pearl earrings for summer.
Finds Under $50:
- One of my favorite planters has been restocked. I have it in white and just ordered a duplicate for a new plant.
- Such a great beach tote.
- Snag these earrings before they sell out.
- If your budget doesn’t allow for the Loeffler Randall twist-knot mules, try these.
- I’m a sucker for a simple summer dress.
Earlier This Week:
image via Unsplash
Another month and another pared down list of purchases to share! Although, this might be a bit misleading because I’ve ordered quite a few things over the past week including this blouse and this one, a pair of jeans, and a dress. None of them have arrived yet, so we can pretend I’m sticking to my quality-over-quantity mantra for now. (And, really, there’s a good chance that half of those items are heading back to their respective retailers.)
See all of this year’s sartorial additions here.
- Vince ‘Warren’ platform sneakers – I bought my first pair of Vince sneakers last fall in navy tweed and I absolutely love them. They’re incredibly comfortable, run true to size, and don’t require a break-in period. I wanted a pair in a lighter color for our upcoming trip to Portugal to wear with spring clothing – and to offer comfort while walking along the cobblestoned hills. (I relied on my other pair during our trip to New York and never had sore feet at the end of the day.) I was unsure about the platform at first, but they’ve grown on me.
- Kate Spade ‘Margaux’ large crossbody in ‘light fawn’ – I agree with another reviewer in that this bag isn’t “large,” but it is perfect for what I was looking for: a neutral-colored, crossbody bag to use while traveling when I don’t want to bring along my camera. I usually carry my camera with me during the day when we’re on vacation, but I rarely want the extra weight at night. This bag allows me to pare down to just the essentials while still offering enough room for any small souvenirs I might collect. I love the sophisticated shape of the bag that allows it to sit close to the body without being bulky. There’s an exterior slip pocket that can hold a phone for easy access.
- Old Navy sleeveless swing dress in black – I have a grey version of this and it’s one of my favorite things to wear traveling or to slip on after work to go for a walk around the neighborhood. It’s cheap, comfortable, and doesn’t look sloppy. It’s a win in my book.
DIDN’T WORK OUT
Things I tried and didn’t love.
- Mango floral print dress – This was my first purchase from Mango and I wasn’t really sure what size to order. The one I opted for was too large and shapeless, and the length went nearly to my knees. The fabric also felt really cheap. I’m not sure I would have kept it even if it fit better.
- Who What Wear floral blouse – The fabric of this blouse almost feels like linen and I love the print. I tried the small and the medium and neither one was all that flattering. It’s worth trying though.